Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Won't you take me to Funky Town


Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me.  Town to keep me movin' keep me groovin'  with some energy...

I just love that song and have to shake my groove thang to it every time.  Although the lakes region of New Hampshire might not be the funkiest of places it was definitely the right move for us.  Everything is greener, cleaner and it just feels right.  All the places and events we used to travel for are now just a quick hop up or down the road.

We're still getting settled in and unpacking the far too many boxes we brought with us.  Being a pack rat is both a blessing and a curse but I've managed to work it to my advantage.  We're still getting aclimated with the area, and with so much to do and see we're always on the go.  This new atmosphere has reinvigorated my creativity and I'm feeling totally energized.  I'm working on some new vintage inspired dresses and can't express the happiness coming out of my busy hands these days.

The amazing photo above was taken by Sam after a fun filled day day at the New Hampshire Highland Games at Loon Mountain.  We had a great time watching the Strong Man Competitions, Pipe Bands, Highland Dance Competitions, and visting all the Scottish clan  and vendor tents.  Maybe next year I can convince Sam to wear a kilt. 

Here are some photos from our day.



Of course being surrounded by all that tartan has me going through my fabric stash looking for any little bit of plaid fabric to work with.  Next year's New Hampshire Highland Games at Loon Mountain are September 17-19, 2010 and we will definitely be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment