Wednesday, October 26, 2011

10 Things You Should Know About The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck


John Steinbeck is my all time favorite author. The first book of his I read was "East of Eden" when I was in the fourth grade.


One Saturday afternoon I stumbled upon "East of Eden" starring James Dean. I was only able to see about half an hour before my sisters rudely changed the channel to some inane cartoon. But, in that brief moment in time I fell in love for the first time. Jame Dean has been my favorite actor ever since. The next time I went to the library I searched out the book and gobbled it up along with every other Steinbeck novel my library offered.

Over the years I have read and re-read many of his books and each time fall deeper in love with Steinbeck's writing style. I only wish words would flow so effortlessly and colorfully from my own fingertips.

Here is my latest article on Experts 123: 10 Things You Should Know About The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

Although it was a movie that first brought me into Steinbeck's world, the images he created in my head are much more vivid than those on the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment