Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lost In a Corn Maize

Looks like I was ahead of the curve in my last post about corn mazes in New England. I still maintain corn mazes are a lot of fun. The really great ones take a couple hours to navigate. Be sure to bring drinks and snacks. Right after posting about corn mazes the story about the family getting lost in one and calling 911 was everywhere. This is an amazing corn maize in Salem, MA. Some friends have told me it took them 2 to 3 hours to find their way out and they had a great time doing it. I hope this publicity has brought them a lot of business!

My first thought when I heard this story was, why didn't they just shout for help. Sure, the maze is big, but there had to be other people around. (Actually they were only 25 yards from the entrance.) Also, there are signs everywhere with maps etc. to help you find your way out. This is just another example of the abuse of the 911 system, it only ranks slightly higher than calls like "I locked myself inside my car" and "They only gave me 4 McNuggets instead of 5".


No comments:

Post a Comment