Thursday, August 14, 2014

One of a kind recycled, art animals

I’ve been designing my own stuffed animals for a little while now. It started out by trying to duplicate a little stuffed bunny I had  as a child, and now I have a burgeoning zoo of wild, domestic and mythological animals taking over my living room. A few months ago I decided to take it a step further and paint the fabric to make my creations even more unique.
Below are some samples of my hand painted and sewn art animals. They have all been made using recycled and salvaged felt, fleece and/or denim and stuffed hard with fabric scraps so they stand on their own without a metal armature inside.
They were on display at the Gordon-Nash Library in New Hampton, NH for the month of July and are available for purchase. I also do custom work. Just send me an email if you’d like to buy any of the animals below or want one made for you in a specific color. New creations are coming all the time.





















No comments:

Post a Comment