Monday, March 31, 2014

I’m a huge Dr. Seuss fan and was very excited to find out the 2014 spring musical for the Newfound area of New Hampshire is going to be Seussical the Musical April 11th and 12th. Last year the play was Peter Pan and I made Pirate hats and Peter Pan caps to sell during intermission. They were a big hit and I was happy to help raise funds to make Peter Pan fly.
This year I’m creating Seuss inspired fascinators, for the stage and for sale during intermissions. (Fascinators are miniature hats on headbands or hair combs). I'm making top hats, tri-corn, cowboy and pillbox styles. 
This  is a “Cat in the Hat” inspired fascinator modeled by my handmade stuffed tuxedo cat. These will be for sale during intermission. (The hats not the cat)
I'm also making some colorful and funky Who inspired fascinators using scraps from show costumes and leftovers from my fabric pile. I've also dug through my miscellaneous craft box and added on feathers, pompoms, ribbons and other trims. 









I think these would be great for a birthday party or New Year's Eve celebration too! Maybe when the show is over I'll add them to my shop line up.




No comments:

Post a Comment